Saturday, February 14, 2015

A trip to Wayne with a bunch of cow hunts

It was Sundance, so that means that Art is very busy at work. We decided to take a few days and go out of town.  We left him a string maze of his own before we left town.  Walker left a string ball but Grace put it around the house. 
 His prize at the end of the string.

 My two cute kiddos sleeping. I love how close they are.


 Grace wants to see a baby calf born more than anything so we did a lot of cow watching just hoping.  She loves the show Dr. Pol on Tv.  She's quite the girl.  We call this Momma Charlotte Cherry.  She was so sweet and nice and looked so uncomfortable.  She was about to pop but didn't while we were there.

 Cute cousins.  All got their hair cut.

 
 We spent a lot of time at Grandma and Grandpas.  We even brought out the broom trick.  Grandma thought maybe she could still do it, but we encouraged her kindly not to try.








 All the grandkids "having a pray" before Dinner with Papa.
 Look at those cute cousins.


 Elessa preparing for a big night of games. She's classy like that!

 Derek doing Jazz hands as he thought that should have been a winning card in Cards against Humanity.
 Grace's favorite time in Wayne.  Reading with her Papa.


Math time while Papa worked for a minute. 



Ms. Charlotte Cherry.
 This one, we call Betty Yeti.  She was ready to go the whole time we were there.


 We watched the basketball game.  It was a close one but they lost by 2.

 



 It was really cool to be back with the cows again. I have missed it.



 Playing under Grandpa's watchful eye.

This is a new baby that Grace thought was so cute. 
 We also discovered some treasures while we were there.  Miss this lady so much.  (The first one at her wedding in Vegas-we made her go with us for a night before)



 My mom and I rode everyday one summer.  This is one of those times.  Sure miss it.
 This a brand new baby that we just missed.  She is just learning to stand now. Grace loved that the momma would lick the baby and it would fall over.  She called this one tiny.  She wanted to call the baby that she saw born Pie-like her and then also because it would be "The cow pie" which is poop and funny to her. She decided for another one if it was a boy she wanted to call it bulldozer-get it "bull dozer" she's awesome!





 She had a lot of fun playing with her cousins.

 Then back to more cows.  I saw this one on the way, but we just missed it by the time I grabbed Grace.  It was a good thing though that I was on the hunt because the baby had fallen out of the back of the corral into a ditch and my dad was able to go and pull it out.  Her searching may have saved that baby's life.

 We came home with a couple of kids feeling under the weather but willing to make a mess.
 Grace wrote this darling letter to Dr. Pol.  
 February 4, 2015

Dear Dr. Pol,


                My mom is helping me to write this letter.  Your show is my favorite on TV.  I wanted to see a baby calf born so badly, that my mom took me to visit my Grandpa and we spent time at my Uncle Jan’s farm hoping to see a baby calf born.  We went to check the cows a couple of times a day and every single night. Even though I didn’t get to see one born, I did get to see a tiny baby trying to stand and getting licked over by its mom and falling on its face.  The momma butted into its own baby and it fell down.  It was so funny.  It was the cutest thing I have ever seen.  I even got to see the umbilical cord on the baby. 
                I love your show so much and all the cute baby animals make me want to squeeze their cheeks.  I was so close to see this baby being born and I hope I get to go back and try again.  We watched this Momma with a curved horn and a straight horn for days but we didn’t get to the see the baby come out.  There was a lot of Mommas that had their tails up and I watched for it every day. When I finally do get to see a baby cow born I am going to name the calf Pie.  My nickname is Princess Pie and I think it will be very funny when the cow grows up and we get to say “The Cow Pie” (that’s Poop).  It’s so funny.  Maybe we could name one Moo Moo too. 
                I found this blue tag at my uncle’s farm. It goes to his cows.  I thought you would like to have it. I put my own name on it too. 
                One day I hope to have a cow of my very own.  I look forward to seeing your show more and more. 
Thank you Dr. Pol for all that you do.

Love,



Grace Boxall
Age 5 (I’m almost 6)

P.S.  In case you want to write me back my address is:

235 N 500 E
Heber City, UT 84032

(I hope he writes her back)

No comments: