Friday, April 8, 2011

Bad Week

This has been a very rough week for me. A great unfairness took place here at my school. One of my students "j" was kicked out of school for getting into a fight (long sad story) He is a really good really respectful kid. His entire family are gang members and he is trying to stay out. He is considered "homeless" and really has a rough life. The school, unfortunately, only saw what he looked like and his associations and kicked him out, saying it was a gang fight. I don't buy it. He only needed .5 credits to graduate from high school-it could change his life. Through my stuggling with the situation-feeling bad that all my time and work was for nothing-my Dad volunteered to take him in. I couldn't believe it. I called the principal in Wayne, and he too is willing to give this kid a shot-I am ever greatful. We are working out the options and hopefully he will be down there and graduate with "his" class in May.I have been very upset this week-not to mention it snowed. But Grace calls the snow "bubbles" and that makes me happy-she reminds me to look on the bright side. She brings me happiness every day. Treadmills are like rollercoasters-amazing!

And look at this princess hat. I just love her and am so thankful she makes me smile-and realize it is the little things that count. Sometimes it just takes one good deed to make a big difference.

1 comment:

Phil and Tessa said...

wow, that is amazing. I hope everything works out. Thank goodness this boy has someone like you that believes in him.