Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Pie!

Today was Grace's Second Birthday. I just cannot believe how fast time has gone. We woke up to a baby. I saved a lot of dolls of mine from when I was little, each year I let Grace pick one for her birthday. She surprisingly chose this talking cabbage patch doll (that doesn't work and is very well loved). Grace was really excited about this baby. (it is actually a funny story, I got a Teddy Ruxpin for Christmas-it stopped working and when we went to take it back for a new one-they were out. I got this instead-I loved her, but still wish I had a Teddy Ruxpin)
I think she will continue to be loved by Grace-if only I could get her to work again.
She loved this elephant light that was on the outside of her gift.
She got a couple of books that she struggled to open.
Then we headed to school. She had this on right, but she is a silly child and wanted it this way.
We took cupcakes to share with our friends at daycare. Grace loved being the center of attention and singing happy birthday.

This is her entire class, Giovanna, Eli and Jane.
Pie and Mommy

Then we headed to the zoo to meet Daddy for an afternoon out-our birthday tradition.
She waved at the animals.
And loved being with Daddy!


We rode the Carousell


And played at the park.
We had such a wonderful day together. I am so greatful that she was born two years ago. She is the most amazing and hilarious person. I am so lucky to know her let alone be her mother. I love you so much Grace! I hope you had a very special day!

No comments: