Friday, January 4, 2019

Skiing Snowbird 2019

We had quite the adventure today on our first ski trip out.  First I tried on my boots and decided they were super uncomfortable so I borrowed a set from my cousin Lori.  Our plan was that I was going to pick the kids up right from school and head down...but I realized as I got there that I had forgotten my coat.  So we went by the house and headed out.  We arrived at Snowbird only for me to realize I had forgotten my snow pants... We went on anyway and marched up to the main area where we realized the ski lift only allowed 2 people so we ventured to the kids area. We had a good ski down to the ski lift and again found, only two riders.  So Grace rode with a stranger, but we were lucky she was really nice (and Grace was really brave).  



Walker and I didn't do so well on the ski lift.  We made it there fine, but his little skis didn't reach the ground so I realized he wasn't coming and I picked him up by his coat and tossed him off while I piled off after him.  Needless to say.  It wasn't pretty and we didn't remain standing.  After that, he was a little scared the rest of the day.

Grace picked up skiing right where she left off.  She was awesome!




Tiny mister was tired of me getting after him to try harder (not my shining moment but I was tired of pulling/packing/carrying him down the hill without him trying) and he puked on the hill.  He said his stomach didn't feel well (I promised I at least cleaned his face before I took the picture).  He made it though..we all did and the last 100 yards were as much fun as the first 100.  But that's about all we had in us today.  




Walker and his dog blanket getting warm!

Grace's post ski wavy hair and her selfie pretty girl!

No comments: