Friday, December 19, 2008

Happenings

Yesterday afternoon I took a group of our students here from the school to BodyWorlds. It was really cool. I am not sure that I would have paid 20 dollars to go, but I would have paid 8. Luckily I didn't have to pay anything. It was crazy to see the real pieces of the body. I was especially interested in the part about pregnancy showing the development of the baby. At only 9 weeks you can see arms, legs, and even fingers. It was crazy-and sad to think that people often terminate at that time. I also got the opportunity to get my butt print in cool lights. This is mine and my friend Salli's! Consider yourself Mooned!
Also driving to work this morning I was following a car. The car pulled over to the side of the road and two kids jumped out and started walking up the block toward the school. (it was only a 1/2 a block) and then the car drove away. It made me laugh because it made me think of how my dad used to drop Elessa and I off at the corner on main street and we had to walk up that 1/2 block to the middle school. It was freezing out, and we would try to get out of it by saying that our boogers would freeze. I had to laugh because really how much time does that 1/2 block save, yet, because of that I have a really funny and good memories!

2 comments:

Blackham said...

That's good stuff. I haven't checked up on you in a while. glad everything is going good. Talk to you later. Love ya, Ash

Shannon said...

I would love to see this exhibit; how interesting! And I especially love the mooning picture at the end.
...and speaking of basketball, are you guys playing again this season? And was it OUR team that won finally, or another team? Couldn't tell.
You are the best step mom and aunt; you are always doing fun things with your nieces and nephews and your step daughter. I bet they love you! Taylor included!