Thursday, December 9, 2010

My Friend Val and the Utah Jazz

To anyone who knows me well, they know how very close I am with my sisters. I talk to them everyday and am just so close to them. Living this far away from them sometimes can be hard and really miss having someone right here close that is like that to me. I am a firm believer that things happen in your life for a reason and there is always a purpose. I am now working at West High School and although there are many reasons for me being here, the main one is that I met Val. She has really become very important in my life and has helped to feel that hole up here in Salt Lake when I am really missing my sisters. When I was pregnant it was Val that I walked with every day. We talked about all of the things I was scared about, she walked me through them all-literally. She brought cute little Shaye into my life and into Grace's. Grace loves Val. A lot, often Grace chooses to go with Val over me-it makes me happy. Whenever I have needed help with Grace she has always been there and even takes time away from her own work to help me when I really needed her. She calls to check on me and Grace even when it is a follow up on a bump on Grace's head because she fell the day before. She is an amazing person and a true friend. I am just so lucky to have her.
Last night she invited me to a Jazz game. This wasn't just any experience because Val is friends with Deron Williams. He gave her the tickets to the game and of all of the many people she could have taken (because honestly she is a great friend to many) she chose me and I was so excited. They played the Heat. They lost but it was still fun. Lebron Williams is a total jerk, however. We had such a great time! This is probably the only time I will ever sit this close to the floor. It was awesome!
Deron shooting a free throw.
Up close with the bear!
The bear took this picture!
We had so much fun!
Millsap
Deron-running-I wasn't quite ready
It was really such a fun experience. We had a great day! Thank you Val for everything-always!

1 comment:

Phil and Tessa said...

That sounds awesome! And I completely agree, Lebron is lame. It's amazing how close your friends become when your family is far away. Thank goodness we have them!