Thursday, October 27, 2016

Baloo Passing

Our sweet Baloo passed away.  He wasn't doing well and had heart problems.  He started filling with fluid and even though we had it drained once it soon became time to say goodbye.  We sure miss him around here. 
 













































Ode to a Good Friend

I saved you.  You came to me full of parvo and covered in lice.  I knew from the moment I saw you, that you were supposed to be mine.  For the next 12 years, you returned the favor.  I had you longer than I should have and yet….it was not enough.  Please know that I am so thankful for you and for all that you brought into my life.  Your great service did not go unnoticed.
IMG_1498
  • You saved me at least 4368 times from an attack by the mailman, UPS man, or fed ex man
IMG_4680
  • You cleaned my floors after every meal
  • You were so patient and kind with every tiny hand that grabbed your fur
  • You swam with me, loved the water, you would jump from the boat to swim, and on more than one occasion, jumped into my bath
IMG_1502
  • We always thought maybe you had an identity crisis and were really a cat.  When you brought me the bird, that cinched it.
  • You once caught someone breaking into my car and saved us, and the neighbors from future terror.
IMG_4281
  • You knew I was pregnant before I ever did.
  • You laid by my bed for 12 years.  Sometimes in it, but always by me.
  • You watched over me when I was sick, or sad
  • You lived with me in a car for 3 full days when trying to figure out my better life
  • You loved this lady for more than 50 years.  Happy golden anniversary to you.  She will miss you so much.
IMG_5891
  • And this new friend, that you play so well with. I think he truly added life to your years.
IMG_9472
  • You watched over my babies.  You loved them and made them laugh. You taught them new things and how to live.
IMG_5432
IMG_4856
10940596_10205023187733013_6134513201602023030_n
  • You have been my longest companion to date.
  • You have been in my life and a big part of it every day for 12 full years.  And they were very full.
  • The first time I met my future in-laws you gave them a present too, when you took a pair of my underwear out to and left it in the middle of the living room floor. I’d love to say I don’t think they saw it, however, it was kindly covered by a magazine until I could find it on my own later.
  • It was you who encouraged our purchase of leather furniture…you loved playing in the snow, and mud.
  • You loved to play fetch but had a hard time dropping the ball.
  • You loved to play tug and in your early years with your long hair, this often worked to my advantage as we swept the floor.
  • You made sure I never missed the someone at the door, your bark was louder than the bell.
  • You camped with me and loved the outdoors.  You always seemed to find the only patch of burrs in the entire radius of our adventures.
IMG_1500
  • You had the best smile (or scariest not sure which, but I loved it)
  • You once got your tooth caught on Stella’s collar…that was interesting.
IMG_1497
  • You once alerted us that baby Grace had diarrhea.  You would eat the grossest things.
  • You saved us from unruly throw pillows.  Each and every one met their end, usually when I wasn’t home, and you always left the gift of filling all over the living room floor.
  • You were the worst bone hider ever.  You would pace and stress and it was always still visible.
P1011374
  • You were the slowest dog I have ever seen to take a treat.  “Just take it….!!!”
  • You could befriend anything and always wanted to.
IMG_3625[1]
  • You slept on your back.  All the time.
IMG_7559
  • You were my kids best buddy.  You played with them and put up with whatever they wanted you to do.
dogs310940596_10205023187733013_6134513201602023030_n
  • You would stand perfectly when getting your hair cut, but you always hated it when you would get home, you seemed to feel ashamed like you were running around naked.IMG_1499
  • You were my friend.  My buddy.  I will really miss you pal.
IMG_1481
IMG_1494
IMG_1239
IMG_7004
End of Watch….December 12, 2015

No comments: