Thursday, October 27, 2016

Goodbye Grandma Nina

Grandma Nina passed away.  We are sure going to miss her.  

Baseball in Heaven

Baseball in Heaven
I hope they have baseball in heaven
So she can stay up on her game
She’d talk about players their team and their stats
Their history, their strengths and their name
It’s hard to say who was her favorite team
Because it seemed the she loved them all
Whoever she talked to, their team was the best
And she knew them right down to each call

She watched every game no matter the team
No matter the time of day
New games, yes for sure, and old ones too
It didn’t matter, she’d watch them play
She’d talk and she’d laugh each time I’d stop by
About the latest call
I couldn’t remember the team or the game
But Grandma remembered them all

She was always so giving and always so kind
Her heart would show up on her sleeve
She was patient and caring and through all of this
A great blessing she gave to me
My Mary my step-mom this lady so kind
Who each day I am blessed to call mine
Was raised by this woman and it is in her
That I see how my grandma did shine

She passed on the traits of a person of strength
resilience and kindness shows through
She gave her the gift of love through it all
It’s the journey, and the kind things we do
She showed her that sometimes things will be hard
And unfair and not always kind
But by believing in good, and choosing what’s right
Love and happiness you will find

I’m thankful for her and for what she gave me
As selfish as maybe that seems
I wish I had more memories with her
As a child, or in my teens
All I have of her are as an adult
But I’m grateful for every one
She taught me to listen, and treasure the times
When family is together for fun

For it’s in those times that memories are made
And traditions are often begun
So embrace those moments and cherish the times
For it’s love that makes family one
So forgive and move on and be better still
Say a prayer and always be nice
And remember no matter the culture or time
Have sugar….but also have spice

My baseball loving grandma it’s finally your turn
I know you’ve been waiting so long
To return to the man in the frame on your desk
I know he’s waiting, arms open, in song
I hope that you know that you are so loved
and we will miss you every day
And I know we will see you, and it will be heard
“I love you,” that’s what I’ll say

No comments: