Wednesday, November 26, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

In light of the holiday, and my previous cynicism, I wanted to make sure that I put in a post of all of the things that I am thankful for. These are in no particular order.

1-Art-I am so thankful for Art. He always scrapes my windows in the mornings so my hands don't have to get cold. He is always there whenever I need him, and he can always make me laugh. He is my best friend and I am so thankful that I found him.
2-Thankful for my family, my Dad who is my number one fan, my stepmom who came and supported my girls last night, my mom who will always be there whenever I need her even if it means trips across the airport or across country, my sisters, who are dorks but I love them anyway(really love them-don't know what I would do without them), my nieces and nephews who make me feel like I am the "coolest" person in the world(Tacey-your kids included). My step siblings-so lucky to have you. I know they say you can't pick your family, but if I could, I would probably keep it the same! The in-laws and Tori are great too, I got really lucky there! Not to forget the extended family, my favorite Aunt Trudy, and her whole clan, the grandparents-and all of the rest!
3-My Best friends, AJ and Pete, Tacey, Katie, Lindy, Dub, Jamie, Ash, Frank and Becky, Joe and Suzanne, Michele-Thanks for always being there-no matter what!
4-My house, even though it constantly needs work, it feels really nice to know it is ours.
5-My car-yes I love my car. I know how it sucks when you don't have one, it makes life really tough.
6-My job-that income is a nice thing, not to mention I really like what I do.
7-I am thankful for fires in the fireplace and little heaters that I can put just under the blanket by my feet while I watch TV, oh those blankets too-love them!
8-My doggies!
9-Mountain Dew-love that ingenious combination of flavors, fizz, and umph!
10-Volleyball and Basketball team and the girls-I love it-so much fun! And running too!
11-All those scientists who work long days in the lab looking for cures of these horrible diseases. Contribute a little extra to the arthritis foundation if you have some time and dollars. https://www.kintera.org/site/apps/ka/sd/donor.asp?c=pkI2KfMUItF&b=3747181&en=hsIJKVOGIiINI0PJI8KIKYOMJsIUI1NJIcLRJ4MCLdJPJ7NYF
12-I'm Thankful for my shows that I love: Greys, Biggest Loser (although not thankful for Vicky-that B&@$%), 90210, Bones, Private Practice, Desperate, Brothers and Sisters, and Lipstick Jungle.
13-Sour Patch Kids, Sweedish Fish, and Hot Tamales-no further comment!
14-My Bathtub with good books, currently enjoying those shared by friends-thanks Mari, and Frank and Becky.
15-Google-I am so much smarter now you don't even get it!
16-Beautiful views and my camera.
17-Camping with the family, skiing, and boating! Some of my best memories.
18-Thankful today, that I am finally able to wear both of my rings, no I can't get them off, but that is beside the point!
19-My park in my back yard-Thanks Art!
20-Bloody Marys, especially Arts, Margaritas with the girls, and all those other fun drinks-it is the memories with them that are the best!


There are so many more things to add-but this is a good start! Thanks to everyone who has added so much to my life! Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Beth said...

MeriAnn!!
Aren't blogs the best? It was fun to find yours. Looks like you are doing good and having fun!

Elessa said...

Seriously, I thought I would be much higher on your list. Well in the spirit of the holidays I guess I should just be "Thankful" that I made the list. Love you girlie.