Monday, November 24, 2008

Things I hate!

So in light of the holiday season and knowing full well that probably tomorrow I am going to get all sobby and talk about all the things I am thankful for, I thought I would start the week with a little resentment and anger, just to even things out. You see I have recently run into a lot of things that I hate so I wanted to share things with you. Maybe you can join in the bitterness-what fun!

1-I hated the movie twilight. WTF.... They took out all of the romance, the beauty, the intrigue, and instead replaced it with a steaming pile of s#%$ only to add to the torment with crappy no name acting. Seriously!
2-I hate when Art is out of town. Sleeping with a gun beside my bed, paying very close attention to the dogs, just in case, they make a move (which would obviously mean that some crazy person was breaking into the house) locking all of the doors, and checking them twice, sleeping with the TV on (I guess if you call that sleeping) and so on-followed by trying to pretend that everything is great, and that I am not tired and grumpy. (it does get better each night, but seriously-paranoia)
3-I hate when friends "loose touch" does that really happen? I don't know-I hate it when I call someone and say hello, "hey call me back" and they never do, and then three or four years later they say, "I can't believe we lost touch, it sucks", so it sucks to loose touch-yes Tessa this is so for you. I have many people I would love to talk to more often, but you can only try so hard-and then you just have to come to the point and realize, that they obviously think you are lame-Whatever, they just don't get me. (on that note, I hate living so far away from my nieces and nephews)
4-I hate fat-all kinds of fat in fact. We had a fantastic steak last night for dinner with an amazing home made horseradish concoction grilled onto the top, only to take a big bite-and find that it is full of fat. Yes I know, that is "the flavor" of the meat, but I could leave it. I'll take the texture instead any day. Lets add to this, I hate poor textures-mushrooms, shrimp etc. etc.
5-I hate the big red machine-those of you who are close to me at this point, know exactly what I am talking about.
6-I hate broken bones, they get in the way of me being able to to do the things that I want, not to mention they make me sound like a total looser (I broke my wrist playing basketball-people hear that and assume "you must suck" I hate assuming. I broke my finger playing football, again with the sucking thing")
7-I hate seeing kids with crappy lives trying to make something of themselves only to be pushed down again by their family or friends. I hate that-I hope the best for them. Sometimes I just have to say, "no wonder they are the way they are."
8-I hate it when people back into my car in the parking lot and then "drive away" I hate it even more when I investigate, find the car, and then look at it realize that they probably don't have insurance anyway-but I file a report just in case. I hate that.

9-I hate the dentist-enough said.
10-I hate the fact that when creepy janitor guy comes around and starts making me nervous, the tutors sit back and laugh instead of saving me-a phone call will do-seriously a$%holes!

I am sure there are more-but lets start there. Tomorrow I will fill it with flowery thoughts etc. with all of the things I am thankful for-although probably not as much fun!

4 comments:

Lonni said...

Muffy I just love you and your honesty. I hate a lot of those things also. But I also hate that I am not close enough to hug you. You sound like you need a hug from me.

Tacey said...

Ditto!! You can claim my kids as your niece and nephews if you want. They all love you like family anyways:)

Blackham said...

Those were some good thoughts. Better than the flowery ones!!!!
I didn't know you had a blog. I'm glad I have it now. Love you girl!

Phil and Tessa said...

Ouch! I felt like a celebrity when I read my name in your blog :) Well, now that we are in touch I promise to do my part to not "lose touch" again. Happy Thanksgiving!