Friday, April 24, 2009

Cars are Stupid

So last weekend Art was driving down the road (in the rain mind you) when a big huge semi tire blocked his path going down the road. When he arrived home that night, we didn't think there was a lot of damage, but we knew we had to get it fixed, and soon. We dropped the car of on Monday, where I alone wasted $900.00. Yes I am still feeling that one. I previously had hit a pipe coming out of the ground (Yes I find the strangest things to hit, like the national monument, but that is a story for another day) and it dinged up the bottom of my door pretty good. The lady was walking around the car, and wrote down that ding on the bottom of my door to be included in the bid, so what do I do......I correct her and inform her that if that is going to be fixed, it will have to be payment by us, not the insurance. (What is wrong with me???) Anyway we got a phone call yesterday from the place that is fixing our car and 8000.00 in damage later, we won't be getting my car back until May 13. Seriously May 13??? And after not having it for a week already. Being the pregnant emotional person that I am right now. I got angry, shed real tears, and refused to talk on the entire ride home with Art. Not that I was mad at him, I just didn't want to cry. This him bringing me to work and picking me up is getting really old. 10 hour days, not being able to leave for lunch, or stop at the store on the way home, really sucks.

So then I go home yesterday to paint my new surprise (to be shared later-for the nursery) and yes I did it outside and wore a mask... I go to pull on my previously considered "big pants" You know the ones you wore before just around the house for cleaning and yardwork, yeah those, and they were tight (are you kidding me??) I thought most of the weight I had gained was just in my belly, but no, it is now progressing downward as if that is necessary for the baby to be able to survive, but whatever!

I also had to spend 20 bucks yesterday (that includes shipping, and I know that isn't the end of the world, but it adds up) for some rediculously expensive, but safe bug spray as I got eaten by mosquitos playing golf on Monday and didn't dare use Deet.

Although on a positive note. I have been feeling my little lady off and on for the last couple of weeks, but for the last two days, I can feel her all the time. She likes to play around 4 in the morning. She is obviously her fathers child, because I am so not a morning person. She also likes to move around a lot in the afternoon, I ask her sometimes exactly where she thinks she is going to go, but no answer in return, although I am sure I do manage to freak out the students who are watching me talk to myself through the window. They would probably be more freaked out if they walked in my office and listened to the instrumental lullaby's coming from my computer (hey I hear it is good for the wee one)

All in all things are going well. I just realize how thankful I am to have a car. This whole not having one, really sucks!

3 comments:

Phil and Tessa said...

8 grand!! That's insane! What was wrong with the car? I'm so sorry, I hate car repairs.

MeriAnn said...

Apparently everything underneath and it pulled of the back bumper. Ugh. Good thing we have insurance!!

Lonni said...

Oh my hell I am so sorry. I seriously know how car troubles are. So when are we going to get ya out for a minute and get together and laugh are worries away. I love ya hang in there!!