Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Pregnancy Exercise Must Haves!

I have figured out a couple of things over the past few months, that I consider Pregnancy Exercise Must Haves. I thought I would share for those of you who are pregnant, or are considering it in the future. I do mostly jogging as basketball and MMA are now out of the question and the pools aren't open yet, so if I did something else, my list may be different, but for now.

#1: Maternity Support Belt. Through my research, and I am very happy with it, specifically the Loving Comfort Maternity Support Belt.
Seen Here:

(sorry the picture isn't great, the pink blends a little with the white, but it does make my belly look smaller)
You can find these at Baby's R Us or online at Loving Comfort Maternity Support - All Sizes

#2: Shoe Lace Clips. I am already having a hard time reaching my shoes (wait that was even before I got pregnant, oh well) and so I have found great comfort in the shoe lace clip that my sister got me at a triathlon one day (Thanks Pete). My running shoes are the only ones that I have to tie each time I put them on, or I would probably have them on every shoe that I own.
Seen Here: You can find these at any triathlon event at a booth, at a sports store or online. These aren't exactly the same, you get the entire lace and they are a little more, but you can order them on Amazon (for those of you who live a ways from a sports store!) Lock Laces

#3 My Metal Sigg Water Bottle: With all of the scary things that can happen during pregnancy (that we recently discovered) You want to stay away from all of the plastic that you can. This waterbottle is awesome. You can find them at sports stores, their website, or amazon Sigg Lifestyle Loop Top Water Bottle (1.0-Liters) They can be a little pricey but they are worth it for your little one.

#4: A humidifier: for me I have to have a humidifier in my room at night to help with my breathing. With Asthma I need to have all passages clear, and as you know, they can get a little clogged when you are pregnant.

#5: For days when you just don't want to run, I found a DVD that I actually like. At first I didn't think it did very much, but I felt it the next day and it definitely helps stretch those hips, which I am sure is a good thing. She is a little cheesy, but it is fun: Erin O'Brien's Prenatal Fitness Fix

#6: My Ipod. I am not sure how I worked out without this thing in the past. It is definitely easier than running with a CD player trying to keep it from bouncing or those old cassette things. Love it!

Now if we can just figure out how to put earphones in the maternity support belt to pump music to baby so she can jam as I do, oh and about those bathrooms along the way, it would be great if I didn't have to stop on someones lawn or knock on their door (No I didn't do that, seriously people) but I have thought about it!!!

Also I went golfing last night, and realized I need one of these: ZTech Ball Pick Up
I am going to purchase this soon.

If you have any other great suggestions, please share!!

3 comments:

tiffany said...

you are too cute! I love this post! I loved being pregnant! It's so nice to hear other people's favorite things! I love your cute little belly! You're still so tiny!

Katie said...

You are so funny! My exercise program when I was pregnant consisted of walking to the fridge and back to the couch!

Phil and Tessa said...

I'm impressed that you are working out. I was playing tennis almost every day and then as soon as I found out I was pregnant I pretty much stopped. I think it will help with your recovery a lot. How far along are you exactly? Your little belly is adorable!