Wednesday, August 4, 2010

So Lucky

Last night you fell asleep with your nose right next to mine and your arm with your little fingers was around my neck. You were breathing so softly and I loved it. For a moment I forgot about the crying before this moment, how you refused to go to sleep and instead you were sitting up in your crib launching binkies one at a time into the middle of your bedroom floor, or how you hit me in the face with my phone earlier when you were trying to be silly and insisting that I pretend to talk on it. I forgot in that moment how you slapped the spoon and dish out of my hand and covered my lap in food (again). I forgot you trying to feed the dogs, pulling my hair, yelling at the top of your lungs when I am on the phone, trying to get me to hold you all the time, even though you know I can't and I won't and laughing when you bite me and I tell you no.
And in the next moment with your fingers still on my neck and your sweet little breaths I remembered those things and I was thankful because they brought me you.

1 comment:

Trina said...

I am now crying, and have the worst case of cold chills... that was beautiful!