Monday, November 7, 2011

Baby Shower

We had a Baby Shower co-ed party for Elessa and Mike and the new baby! It was a lot of fun. We had soup and lots of really good deserts.
This is Elessa's "Michael are you kidding me" face. This is Pie's "brownie up my nose" face.Elessa got a lot of really cute things. It was a really fun day!
A Strong Woman Some Day...

I’m having a girl, are you sure? Check again

I said to the doctor one day

Whatever am I to do with a girl

I understand boys and their play

I don’t know what to do with dresses and curls

Dolly's and things that are pink

I won’t know how to act when my daughters makeup

Takes up the whole bathroom sink

I don’t fix cute hair with ribbons or bows

Or even ponytail curls

I don’t wear eyeliner or stuff on my lips

I just don’t understand this about girls

I know I’m a girl and I should understand,

But these things are not quite me

If I raise a girl and she learns from me

These are the things she will be

She will always be strong and stand up

For herself no matter what the price

She will make others laugh and have their back

And will have plenty of “spice”

She fix her own walls, and tires and doors and

Won’t have to ask for a hand

She’ll depend on herself and she’ll do just fine

She won’t rely on a man

She will believe she is strong and that she has worth

In everything that she does

And sometimes she won’t and I’ll catch her fall

Because that’s what a mother does

She’ll know how to laugh and smile and play

And I’ll hug her and hold her each day

So when she is older and these times are past

I will know she heard me say

I love you, my darling, my baby my girl

Thank you for choosing me

You believed in me from the very start

A mother to a girl I would be

For you and your brother are my greatest gifts

The blessing I feel every hour

And to teach you to be a woman who is strong

I am your mother and I have that power

No comments: