Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Most Busy of Times


We have been on such a whirlwind lately.  The kids have been such troopers.  This is what happens when we overdue and miss a nap.  Silly little gal!
 Everything went to storage so for a few days we were just making do.  Eating on Card Tables.
 Hanging with our cousins and friends



 And making the best of things.  Our couch went early so Pie decided we would sit on the floor like indians.  So we embraced it and made hats.  Although we brought the couch up from downstairs, we still enjoyed a dinner on the floor.









 We got a pod to move our hottub and some other items.  It was pretty cool to watch.

 I just love these two so much.  They have been so awesome!


 Grace dressed herself.  I think it is very cute!
 We spent some time playing with our neighbors who we will miss a lot.
 And enjoying our big toys that were going to storage.
 The pod getting picked up!

 Very last day in our house.

 We did have a few bumps in the road.  We were so busy I didn't get a lot of time to play like I normally try to do. I heard a few times that "you don't want to play with me anymore."  It made me feel bad, but what was I to do? I had so much to get done, well, she started to take it out a little on her brother, by biting him.  She bit him once on the foot until he cried.  She spent a long time in time out and I thought she got the message, well, she didn't and later that night she bit him again on his face. Right under his eye.


 I put her in time out again, made her eat dinner in there alone and even resorted to biting her arm to show her how much it hurts.  She cried and I cried and was just so upset I didn't really know what to do as a mom.  I researched online and called family.  I realized this happens and is pretty common.  Grace really did learn her lesson. I am not sure she knew that it really hurt, but once I showed her, I think it finally clicked.  She hasn't done it again and any time now that her brother cries she makes sure I know that she "didn't bit my brother." and sometimes when she does something and I get after her, she asks me if I am going to cry again.  Little stinker.  We got past it though and made it through all of the mess. I feel like I can finally be a mom again and spend more time with her.  I just love these kiddos so much!
Walker is growing so fast.  This is his first time saucing....he likes it. 


He grows way too quickly.  Even though I am home I feel like I am missing so much!
A few more photos from our last night.  We did have a bed, but this was for our movie party. 








We let Grace draw a picture of our family on a hidden corner of the house.



Miles even got to draw something too.

We ended up getting all five of us, plus Elessa's family. 

The three kiddos with one last play time.
And this little one who still refuses to role.  He is closer to crawling than rolling.
Our family saying good bye!




Our moving crew!
 



No comments: