Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Girls Are Made Of...

Dear Baby Girl,
Don't you know that girls are supposed to be made of sugar and spice and everything nice? Well I have to say that the things you are putting mommy through this week don't seem like the girlie things to do. When you move and kick me so hard in the ribs that I am starting to bruise, that doesn't seem so much like sugar to me. When you move around dancing all night long while mommy is trying to sleep, that makes it very hard for me to go to work and accomplish much the next day. Also when you make me have to go to the bathroom multiple times a night, that adds to the difficult sleeping times. I know you are dropping and getting ready to come and see me, but the time spent down low is a little painful and I am starting to have to waddle. I am pretty sure never in my wildest dreams did I ever wish to waddle when I walk, but somehow you, baby girl, are making that happen. I also don't know why you choose to stop moving when anybody but Mommy or Daddy is trying to feel you? That seems a little selfish-but maybe just a little spicy I guess-way to stick to your guns! The heartburn that I am now experiencing is really not that nice-I am not sure how this is helping you at all, so I can only assume you are trying to make sure Mommy knows who is in charge now. I still haven't figured out the need for the extra fat in extra places I don't even know how it helps you, but I guess you are in control and will decide all on your own.
Then there are times when I am pretty sure you are made of what girls are made of. Like how you make random strangers smile, I am always amazed at how the conversation of you makes everyone around me smile, and remember all their great memories to share of when they had their baby, or a special memory with a child or grandchild. And sometimes when I touch my tummy you move your little leg or hand so that I can rub it for you. I think it is especially cute, when I move to a new location on my tummy just to see if you will follow me, and you do. It's pretty much complete sugar when I know I can talk to you all day long and you do nothing but listen. Sometimes I get a little kick here or there in response to what I am saying and I can't help but think that you are really hearing me talk. You make Daddy and I think of you all the time and we talk about how excited we are to meet you and hold you in our arms. Those are some pretty neat conversations and you make Mommy and Daddy really close. That is pretty nice. You make me look at the world in an entirely different way. I try very hard to always be nice to other people, to help them out, and to look for the good in others. I hope that people always do that to you too. I also really try to listen to people and what they want in life, even more than I did in the past, because deep down I hope one day to help you reach your dreams. I hope you know right now that you can always achieve them, and Mommy and Daddy will always support you. You have brought so much love already into my life. You are one loved little lady. I haven't even met you yet and I don't think I can ever love you more (but I hear that I will, every day). People around me just can't wait to see you, and they love you already too. Mimi already has her bag packed and ready to come and see you when you are born, and she just can't wait. All of your cousins can't wait to meet you too, they have made up nick names for you and even Miles and Art like to rub my tummy when I ask them where Grace is. They already know and can't wait to meet you. I guess you are made of sugar and spice and everything nice! I am so happy you chose me to be your Mommy. I can't wait to meet you Baby Girl!
Love, Mommy

4 comments:

Shannon said...

What a sweet, sweet letter to your baby girl. It warmed my heart; you are such a fantastic person--I can feel your love for her! So glad she is made of sugar and spice and everything nice.

tiffany said...

you are so cute! I got tears reading this. Being a mom is the BEST thing in the world. You will be such a good one! I'm so excited for you!! I'm sorry that I missed your shower at home. I can't believe I didn't even see you this past weekend.

Lonni said...

That was so cute, I think you should print it off and give it to her or hang it on her wall I know she would love that. Can I just say I cried through the whole thing. I love being a mom and I know you do and you will be the best mom ever. I love you

Blackham said...

Wow Meriann you are going to be the best mommy ever!!! It is amazing how much love you have for them even before they are born!! Can't wait to see you. Hopefully before the baby is born.