Tuesday, June 1, 2010

First Camping Trip of the Season

We went camping this weekend at Palisades. It was such a great time and we always have so much fun. Tori came in from Phoenix. We were so glad she was here. Grace ended up getting sick the last day. I ran her into Gunnison. She has croup and diagnosed with Asthma after a really cool chest x-ray. I have had to give her breathing treatments now. I really had hoped she wouldn't get that, but I guess sometimes it just happens.

It was a little chilly the first day, but the girls had fun. Grace loved having all of her people there.The kids played at the park.We fished. I actually realed one in with Grace on my lap. I had it on the rod above the water and was trying to get Grace to look at it. She saw it, squeeled, and then it fell of the hook back into the water (yes I promise-luckily other people saw it or it would just be a "fish tale")Little baths for two best friends and their little butts.We did smores by the fire!We went on a canoe ride. Grace liked the water, but hated the life jacket.We hung out in the sun-it was very nice.Grace tried snow cone for the first time, wasn't too sure, but she came around.
They planned a fun birthday party for me with Mint Chip Ice Cream Cake from Dairy Queen-my favorite!
Miah made up a dance "the lollipop dance" that they did for me for my birthday. I made them "recreate" it here so I could record it. It was too dark the first time. She got Tori (Ami as Miles calls her) and Aunt Pete to participate too. So cute!



The kids rode around in the bike trailer while Elessa rode them around.She sat in the rubber boat for a minute while toady bounced her.She hung out with Grandma.Blew bubbles with Papa.but was the happiest-her favorite place on earth-was when we got back home.

1 comment:

Phil and Tessa said...

Livi has croup right now too! It's so sad and scary. I hope she gets feeling better. The camping looks like a blast!