Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Grandpa Taylor

One year ago today, my Grandpa Taylor moved on to a better place. I miss him. My mom misses him so much it breaks my heart, But my Grandma she really misses him. I can't even imagine how she feels every day. They were married for 60 years. For 60 years they shared a bed and sweet dreams every night. My Grandma had a crush on him, but he knew he loved her when, when from horseback, he rescued her hat in the wind. Isn't it amazing and such a lovely story. They are both upon horseback when the wind takes her hat. He "fetches" it for her. Standing next to her horse with hat in hand, he looks up into her face and he "knows he loves her". His feelings never changed. They grew old together. They had a love of dreams.
This is how I remember him. Just taking care of grandma and loving her. He loved all of his family and took care of us each one. I talked to my Grandma today and it seems Grandpa is up to his same old tricks. I know he watched my Grace in surgery when I needed him to most, and now Grandma told me he watches her every night. She told me that he visits her dreams. She told me she is always the damsel in distress. Last night she was driving and her car broke down. Grandpa pulled up in a truck and rescued her from the side of the road. I know this is his way of saying that he loves her. He fell in love saving her hat, so wouldn't this just be the best way to say "I love you"! He saves her a different way each night. I love that she shares this with me. I love her. I miss him. I love him.

No comments: