Sunday, October 17, 2010

Gratitude

Grace is sick. Poor little lady. She started with a runny nose and really small fever on Wednesday, so I took her in to the clinic that evening. I was told to just watch it because everything looked fine. She was still running a fever on Thursday only it was getting worse, so I took her back in, I was told the same thing. I started thinking I was that crazy mother. On Saturday she broke out in hives, so I rushed her back in and was told that she has Strep Throat (no wonder she hasn't been eating) It has given her hives. She is now on Antibiotics and her ears are red. I am angry that they let her go and didn't figure out that something was indeed wrong, not just her teeth and a little virus. She is so not herself and is not happy. I feel so bad for her. For this I am Angry.
Today when she woke up from her nap she called for her "da da" as she always does. He was outside chopping wood, and she just needed to see him, so we got ready and went outside. He was chopping the wood with the big ax. It would hit the wood and Grace would think it was so cool. (I was thining "shazam" but you know). Then we ventured to follow him wherever he went. Grace just wanted to be where her dad was. Because she can't walk yet, I had to help so we walked following him around the yard. I remember doing this to my dad when I was a little older than Grace. I followed him wherever he went. I loved that and had so much fun. It makes me so happy so see how much Grace loves her Dad. She just wants to be with him all the time. It makes me so happy. It made me also realize all of the many things that he does for me that I don't have to do. Chopping the wood for one, He does that for me because he knows I love a fire. I love the sound and the smell, and of course the warmth. He doesn't care so much, he does it for me. I don't have to think twice, Art chops the wood, builds the fire, mows the lawn, Shovels the snow etc. and I don't even think about it. For him I am so thankful. I am so thankful to hear that he loves me every night before we go to bed. I am so lucky. I am also thankful. Grace is sick, so I couldn't take her to day care tomorrow, nor would I. But I had something very important to do and Art has meetings. So my mom drove up today so she could stay with Grace tomorrow. Last time I left her with my mom I got pictures like this. mmm. chocolate

Grace loves her MiMi and my mom just loves her. They have such fun together and I am so greatful that they spend time together. I am so thankful that my mom would come up and help me out and make sure that Grace is Safe and well taken care of.

I am thankful for two things and only angry about one today. I do hope Grace feels better soon. But for today, I am so thankful for my family.

1 comment:

Phil and Tessa said...

That is so frustrating! Good thing you were persistent so she could get on the antibiotics. I hope she feels better soon. It's so sad when kids get that sick.