Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Dogs

My mom lost her Zoe dog. She was hit by a car (yes on her road that maybe gets three cars per year) on top of that, she watched it. It was a really bad time for her. It makes me think of our dogs who sometimes drive me crazy, but I really don't know what I would do without them. Baloo has been with me so long I have so many memories with him in it. Laying on the floor with him when he recovered from parvo, having him lay by me whenever I am sick or when I was pregnant. He is just the sweetest dog. And then Stella who always lays on my lap or "right next" to me. She is super protective of Grace. Grace loves them too.Yesterday the power company went into our yard and left the gate open. Our dogs were out. luckily they were safe and we have good neighbors. It just makes me think how much I really do love them. They are surely a part of our family even if they took a back seat when Grace got here (which they should have) But I think they have a pretty good life. This is a dog too in case you can't tell. Grace and I were dogs last night. Daddy threw the disks and we would go and fetch. We would bring them back to him and Grace would instruct him (with a very forceful pointing) that he needed to throw them again. It was funny when he would pretend to ignore us she would get right in his face and make sure he saw she had brought him back the disk. Then we would bark and run/crawl over there to get them again and bring them back.
Oh how she makes my life a better place. My hands and knees hurt (showing I am getting older-although we did do it for about thirty minutes-no joke) but it was such a wondeful time and I will forever remember. What fun we had me and my baby doggie!

No comments: