Monday, December 12, 2011

Colors

Grace loves to Color. I know I am her mother and probably a little partial, but I think she is very good at it. She is barely two and look at how great she did at coloring these stars. I think she is pretty close to the lines. Artistic talent doesn't run through our family, so this is a huge success. She loves doing anything crafty and artistic. At school they think she is pretty good too. She presses hard enough you can see it to. I love it!

Except when she does this. Our very first coloring on the walls. She came to tell me (while I was in the shower) how good she had colored and was so proud. I got out excited to see it and this is what I saw.
My first reaction was to yell at her, to which she responded like this. Shortly though I realized, she was proud of this and thought she was doing well, so I had to apologize and teach her the appropriate places to color instead. We then cleaned them up together and it was no big deal. Deep inside I was laughing and really quite enjoyed the whole process. They were very cute and she walked around as we were cleaning showing me all of them (even some I didn't see) and telling me what they were. What a little darling. I just love her!

No comments: