Friday, February 15, 2013

Other catch up

Walker had his follow up appointment and he is doing so much better.  We were encouraged to keep him in a bubble for a little while, but other than that he is good to go.  Grace colored this picture for him at the appointment.  She was so proud. 

 We did have a little scary thing happen on Wednesday though.  This is a bad picture but I took it trying to be sneaky. We came home from dance class and this guy was riding his bike near our house, stopped and looking at it.  It made me quite nervous as I made my way inside with the kids.  I locked the doors and all seemed okay.  Art was at a meeting.  About thirty minutes later as we were downstairs someone began knocking on the door.  I usually ignore it, but they were very persistent and then began ringing the bell. I assumed it may have been our neighbor in an emergency so I thought I would at least go look. I went upstairs and as I came around the corner I made eye contact with a bald male staring into my window. I went back downstairs and pulled out our gun (grateful now for the 2nd amendment).  He continued to knock and ring the bell for a couple of minutes at least before he left. Grace was very nervous and asked me who I was going to shoot, and then started to tell me it was a zombie.  Our friend Greg came over and sat with me until Art got home. When Art got home he watched outside for a minute and saw a man that fit my description circling back by our house.  He went outside and yelled to him to stop and that he wanted to talk to him but the man didn't stop.  He came in and got his shoes and by the time he went in his car the man was no longer to be found.  I asked all the neighbors and there was not a salesman in the area.  It was incredibly scary and I probably traumatized my daughter, but there is nothing that I wouldn't do to protect my family.  It probably was nothing, but it was very scary all the same.
 I went to bed that night with my kids tucked close to me and felt very blessed.



No comments: