Monday, February 11, 2013

Walker and RSV

My little mad ended up with RSV.  I have tried to be so careful but it is going around like crazy this year.  Drs say it is the worst season in a very long time.  (of course).   He was such a trooper though.  We  went to the kids care on Tuesday night around 6:30 PM.  This is us there. 

 The realized he had RSV so they did a deep suction.  This is the after suction Walker. (Then they sent us home)

 Around 11, I was watching him breathe and could see his ribs sucking in (retracting they call it) so I called my pediatrician and was told to take him in to Primary's. We headed to Riverton to get checked out.  His Oxygen at the time was around 82 so they admitted us.
 And the Oxygen began first at .5, then at 1, then at 2 for the next few days.
It broke my heart to see him like this.  

 Picture sent to Grace to show we are doing okay.
 Through it all, he was always smiling and flirting with the nurses.  They loved him because he was so cuddly.



 His very favorite visitors.


 Grace put on a dance show for him.




He had to have a couple of breathing treatments.  He will most likely have Asthma.  Poor little man (Suction every four and breathing treatments every 6 at our bad time)
Aunt Pete came to visit.


Grace came to visit and I got to play with her in the toy room for a while. I missed her so much while I was there.


Daddy and Walker having a conversation.



I slept in the chair the first two nights and I was exhausted.  The second night the nurse held him for about 30 minutes so that I could sleep. She was amazing!  But then knowing we would be there again, we got an air mattress so I could sleep with him on the floor. It was a great night and the night things turned around.





Little trooper slept in the crook of my arm during the day.  He just loved being snuggled up close.

It got so bad one day that they took some blood tests to watch the CO2 going out of his body.  We were one blood test away from a ride on this helicopter to the Primary Children's NICU downtown.  When I was told this, I had a meltdown.  We were incredibly lucky that the next test showed a slight improvement.
He loved having Grace there and she missed him and was worried about him.  She needed to come each day to kiss him and say goodnight. What good kids I have.

Playing time: Only Grace would take the wrestling men and turn them into brothers who live in a jungle with animals and are best friends. I love her so!

We did some crafts.

And then a surprise visit from Papa who stayed the night with me on the couch because Art had to work.  He held Walker and let me sleep.  It was so nice to have him here.  What an amazing Dad I have.
They suctioned so much mucus that eventually he started to bleed.  One of the ladies who suctioned him 3 of the nights said he had more mucus in one time than she has ever seen in a baby.  What a trooper my little boy is.

Finally after four nights we were given the okay to go home.  We probably could have gone home the night before, but there was a storm coming and the likelihood of us coming back in was high so they decided to keep us. We would have gone home with Oxygen by by midnight he was off of it and doing okay on his own, so I am glad we stayed. Plus he did get suction and breathing treatment so it saved us a big drive. 
 

Pete and Pie came to help take him home.  She held his hand and sang to him the whole way.  What a great sister!
Finally Home. He was so happy and is doing so much better!





So blessed he is okay. It was really scary. I am thankful that I noticed something wrong and did something about it.  I can't imagine what could have happened if I would have waited to go in.  Love my little man too much!

No comments: