Monday, May 4, 2009

Fun Weekend!

So I headed down to Wayne County this weekend to visit my family. I had a pretty good time. We did the Wellness Works/Powerplant event for the weekend. Amber and Kyle ran the 10k. Kyle won-Way to go!
Elessa and I walked the 2 mile. We totally finished before Kyle and Amber-We Rock (so what if they went four miles more than us) It was actually a pretty chilly day-but we had a lot of fun. My Dad even ventured out with us to watch. He is always so supportive even when he isn't feeling well. Thanks Dado!
We all took home these lovely ribbons. Kyle and I are the only ones that know what Blue feels like-just remember that Amber and Pete! (not really sure how we got these, but it is funny anyway!-Well Kyle I know how he got his-by winning, I guess the others were age group categories or something like that.)
We watched the Kentucky Derby later that afternoon. I lost all of my bets, but I thought it was so great to see the underdog come through. What an awesome race! I still want to go one day, dress up, wear a big hat, and drink the mint drinks. It would be so much fun!
We went to my grandparents house later that evening. My Grandpa wanted to play catch so badly with Miles. He kept trying to get him to throw the ball to him. He was down on the floor for a while playing with him. It took him a while of teasing, where Miles through it to Elessa instead, but he finally came around and played for a minute. They are so cute!
Miles loves my Grandma and apparently plays with that Gord that she is holding. It is his favorite toy at her house. They are so cute. He just loves being with her-he lights up!

We watched the fight later that evening. I can't believe it was over so quickly. I got to see my Uncle Michael and Tyler who came in from Texas. It was good times.

1 comment:

Lonni said...

Fun!! Congrats on the winning. I'm so proud you guys are so proactive I could take a lesson or two.