Thursday, September 23, 2010

Embarrassment and Encouragement

Yesterday was Grace's check up appointment with her surgeon. I think she is looking great. So does he. But it was quite the appointment. We had to wait in the waiting room for over an hour during her normal nap time. So I kept her up, not knowing when we would get to go back. We finally got back there and I was feeding her cookies as we were waiting for him to come into the room. When he finally came in, he had a couple of people there with him and Grace started a major melt down. I tried to give her another cookie, so when we tipped her back, it fell into her throat where she could have choked. I had to pull her back up and get the cookie out. They were handing me napkins and she is crying and kicking around. I finally laid her back down just for him to look and she is still wailing. It was so embarrassing especially because he is my current/future business partner. I think she always picks the perfect time to have major meltdowns. I guess that is the curse for having such a good kid the rest of the time. She is usually so smiley and happy so that is out of the ordinary.

I have realized lately though that moms who are working and are in school are so amazing. I have started an evening Spanish class two nights a week and I am really struggling with leaving Grace those two nights. I know it isn't a huge deal, but it is really hard for me, to be able to make that sacrifice. I realize just how difficult it can be to juggle so many things. So for any mom's out there doing just that-I think you are amazing.

No comments: