Thursday, September 16, 2010

Strawberry Leather

I made some homemade Strawberry Leather the other night (like fruit roll ups). I remember when I was little my great grandma would make apple leather. Whenever we would walk by her house on the way to the pool she would call us over for some. Or at family reunions. We loved it, so I found a recipe and tried it. Grace loves it so much. She ate two whole rolls today, and I am okay with it because it is good for her and not loaded with junk. Here is the recipe if you want to try it:

3 cups of strawberries (or other fruit) blended
1 Tbls Lemon Juice
1 Tbls Light Corn Syrup

Mix together and pour into a pan that is coated with microwavable plastic wrap (you may need to tape the corners). Make sure it is spread out and nice and thin. Then put it in the oven at 150 degrees for 7-8 hours (or until it is done-not shiny). Roll up while still warm and cut into logs. Yummy!

1 comment:

Phil and Tessa said...

I am totally going to make that! thanks a ton for sharing, Livi loves fruit leather. I love the "one" oufit that used to be yours. That's really neat that you have some of your old things!