Monday, January 3, 2011

60 years and New Years Eve

Bob turned 60 on New Years Eve so we had a big party for him. Us girls went over early to decorate at Johnny Carinos for dinner. Donna put a lot of work and planning into the party. We all stayed at a Hotel and just had a great time! Happy Birthday Bob!
Art was the MC of the party and he did a great job speaking/roasting his dad. He gave him depends, (and his mom gloes and a clothespin), made jokes, and was very sweet.
I wrote him a poem which I read
To Bob
To Bob the man of many dreams
of places planned and yet unseen
But he gets there sometimes and takes us along
But will send us straight home when our stay gets too long
Soft clothes at 5, let's be honest at 2
He's an example of work hard, but can play hard too
To the man who gets mad when things don't turn out right
He'll do it twice and pay twice as much without even a fight
So here's a single ticket, hoping you'll get the big win
To pay you back for all you do, it won't even begin
He takes lots of pictures but will lose about half
But it must be the cameras fault we lost pictures of the kids bath
He has five remotes to work only one tv
And why it has to be that way really beats me
I secretly think he plans it that way
So when picking the show, nobody gets in his way
He loves his whiskey with water, it is his favorite drink
and the ideas all start rolling, I think it makes him think
He’ll talk about food and plan what we’ll eat today
And tomorrow and next week and even next May
He takes care of things, I think that's what he'd say
But check your shoes and run the fan and clean up as you play
Wipe the silverware before putting it in the drawer
turn off the lights and shut the door
watch the deck and the sink
and use a coaster for your drink
He's the very best driver on all of the roads
After drink or while talking or probably blindfold
Donna helps to keep him healthy with walks and good meals
But Bob slips in his favorite dishes whenever he really feels
With cold toast and butter, to bacon and to salt
He gets his fill of foods he loves and it isn't Donnas Fault
Art is the blessing they brought to my life and he's truly his father's son
I feel so lucky to have him by my side, he is a prize that I have won
I chose Art and he Chose me
But it was Bob who made us “we”
To the Papa of my little girl
When he enters the room he fills her world
With Donna by his side, a great family are they
And I feel so very blessed to have them there to stay
So here's to the man I am so lucky to know
He is constant and consistent and for his family there's nowhere he won't go
To Bob an example of what a husband should be
What a dad should be and a great granddad is he
For 60 years of life, I think have truly been great
and for many more to come I really just can't wait
Our Family!
The whole Crew! Brothers.
After Dinner we took the kids back to the hotel. They played in bed and had popcorn.
Papa joined them for a minute too.
Then a few of us went downstairs to bring in the new year. We played Yahtzee and had a lot of fun. Jackson even made it too. Happy New Year and Welcome 2011!

1 comment:

Phil and Tessa said...

That poem is great! I had no idea you were so creative! Good luck with Honeycuffs and your TV appearance!