Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day!

Chasing Grace

I know God exists, I see him every day
When I watch the way you work, there is no other way
The way your lips smile, when happiness touches your life
And the way that joy flows, all the way into your eyes

This miracle of you started long before I saw your pretty face
I know it's true, It has to be for you to be in this place
You see you're an angel in an often dark earth
With the courage to fight and rise again, it started at your birth

His fingerprint upon your lip to make you one of a kind
Then chose the most lucky mom, and said you will be mine
He marked you as his and said, now she is just right
Then he kissed you and hugged you and sent you into my life

When your small legs stretched out and your toes curled
I know there was something more than just this small world
When your hand wrapped around my fingers to hold
I knew you came from God's perfect mold

Your beautiful eyes and the way that they glow
And the many expressions that they freely show
The wave in your hair and the curl of your ear
To the way that I feel when I hold you near

And now you can run and laugh and play
I see you grow more and see him more everyday
From your perfect formed words you learned here at home
But the small jibber jabber from God, I wish I'd have known

In everything you do I see the miracle that you are
A perfect little lady who started life a little hard
Always remember from this you draw strength
You are God's greatest gift, and to him I will thank

Your wide smile was perfect in my eyes
But people can be cruel if you aren't the same look or size
So all of the hurt and pain I put you through
Was because I'm your mom and I love you!

When you grow and change a beautiful woman you'll be
Who will be strong, independent, and proud you will see
Thank you for choosing me for your mom, forever I will be glad
For every moment with you is the best I've ever had

Grow baby girl be wise and be glad
For all of the many blessing you have had
Your beautiful, your strong, and perfect in every way
Thank you God, for my miracle, and for letting her stay

Love, Mom

No comments: