Thursday, September 20, 2012

Family Fun and the Lesson of $

Pete, Miles and Finlee came up a day early for Pie's party.  Miles and Grace have so much fun playing together it makes me happy.  She just loves when he comes to town.  We went last minute shopping for some of the party food and items.  I had given Grace a dollar earlier that she could spend on something if she found something she wanted.  In Costco, Grace fell in love with this little shopping cart and kept asking over and over for it.  I told her no again and again.  She then pulled out her dollar and told me she wanted to buy.  She just didn't understand the concept as I tried to explain that you have 1 dollar, you need 18 dollars.  She really wanted it and was trying to buy it.  In my pregnant state, I was having a really hard time with this.  Normally I can say no, even if she cries, but something about her desire to pay and that she thought she could, just got under my skin.  So I started to cry too, I just felt so bad that I couldn't teach the lesson, so Aunt Pete got involved and told her she could have it. I think she realized that I just couldn't do it that day.  She brought it home and she loves it.  She plays with it all the time.  She didn't learn the value of a dollar today, but I hope she will understand next time, when I am more in a place to teach it.  


 She had fun being Monkey's with Miles and just having him at her house.  These two are just the best of buddies and it makes me so happy.

No comments: