Monday, January 14, 2013

New Teeth

I had an old filling that needed to be replaced.  It was pretty large so they wanted to do a crown.  Normally I wouldn't share about my teeth, but this new technology was so cool.  It also made me think-I wonder what they will have for my children at my age.  They will probably think this is old ancient technology.  Oh Well.  It starts with some medical photoshop. He took pictures and developed a digital rendering of what I needed.  
 Then the robot made the tooth right there.

 See the little tooth sitting on the counter-yep it comes out purple, and then they fire it in a kiln to make it solid, once they are sure it will fit.  It then turns white and gets put in.
 Art had the kids most the time, but had to drop them off at the end. Walker had a fit and Grace was playing with my phone.  She took this picture of the dental assistant trying to help him calm down.  He wasn't having it (silly boy won't take a bottle or a binkie).


No comments: