Thursday, January 31, 2013

Work

Yesterday was my last "official" day of work. I am going to turn in my notice on Monday and volunteer to help find my replacement.  I went in to finish a project that I started. We had a presentation and luncheon with the President of the University.  While sitting there I realized that I truly love my job.  That I am good at it and it is something that makes me proud of myself.  It will be incredibly hard for me to leave.  However, I also thought of my kids and Walker kicking his legs and Grace doing her dance moves and I realized that I can't miss that.  I can always come back to work and have what I have again, but I can't ever get back that time with my kids.  So I felt incredibly blessed not only for them but for my husband who supports my decision, who is willing to carry a bigger load, and who took time to come with me to watch the kids to support me so that I could finish this project that I started.  They drove around Orem for a couple of hours while I worked.  What an amazing family I have.  
Cute little man!
 And his sister! They held hands and she always sings to him when he needs a little pick me up.  She says her hands are full of "love medicine" that she gives to him to make him feel better (as he isn't  100% after the flue and immunizations).  Too cute these two!
I get to wake up to these two cuties every day. I am so incredibly blessed. 
So here is to my new job:  A stay at home mommy. I hope I don't pull my hair out, because let's be honest, it is much more difficult and stressful than going to work every day, but I just can't wait!

No comments: