Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy Fourth of July Weekend!!

What a busy weekend, and yet so much fun!





It all started on Thursday night with a very strenuous competition with my video game apponents on Wii American Idol. I would like to announce that I, MeriAnn Ellett of Magna Utah, am your next American Idol!! I was crowned after hearing comments from:


Randy: yo yo you check it check it out, that was hot!


Paula: If you looked up the word star in the Dictionary it would have your name!


Simon: Brilliant!





So with that, I would like to encourage all of you to stay on my good side as there is obviously a bright future ahead for me and apparently a huge record deal. We'll see though, I may decide not to take it as it would be just so time consuming.





Then on Friday, I started bright and early with the Local Magnatude 5k run in honor of this little old man that runs around our neighborhood every day. He is 86 years old and probably runs around 10 miles a day. He looks great with his teal tight biker shorts under a short pair of bright multicolored running shorts, a tshirt and hat. What a great guy! I idolize the fact that he is out there every day and just happy. He must be an early riser. At the end of the run, we were greated with a hot pancake breakfast! Go Lions Club!





Magna does things a little slower than any other place I know, and around 12, they finally started the local parade. It was a fantastic display of patriotism with around 100 floats with a small town feel. The local bar was even open letting people in to buy drinks to take back to the street to watch the floats. It was seriously a lot of fun.



We then had some people over for a barbeque, our neighbors probably loved us as we played Rock Band on the back patio to almost ten at night, just in time to walk over to watch the local fireworks. I am sure the other spectators were so happy to have us there, as we were the loudest of the groups. The fieworks were great though and evidentally started a fire on the hillside. I don't know which was better to watch the fireworks or the actual fire as it rose on the mountain in the distance, just an overall great day (thankfully nobody was hurt). Special thanks on this day to Frank, JJ, Nick, and all others who are serving for us over seas!



Then on Saturday we did some shopping and then went to my cousin Lonnie's house for dinner and a night of games. We ultimately lost in Farmers Rummy to Trudy who stole the show. We had a great conversation about corn hole and man boobs, you'll just have to ask. If I explain it here, it will take away all of the fun-honestly those converstation topics are really making you think right now I am sure. The night ended splendidly with the female opponents beating the male opponents in Catch Phrase 2 out of 3 times. Thanks Lon for helping us out so much! Rematch next Saturday.



Sunday was a great relaxing day, getting things ready for the wedding and playing cards on the patio. We love the patio and hang out there quite often. I read my book, and Art manicures our lawn to perfection-love my park!



Now I am back at work, slaving away, wishing for one more day of weekend. On the bright side, Elessa is 35 weeks today and our little baby is getting fatter, less wrinkly, and his lungs are getting stronger. Can't Wait!

No comments: