Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Starting Out

Today is my first blog, so many friends "Tacey" had blogs and encouraged me to do so that I thought I would try it out. Although I don't have kids to talk about I figure that my life is somewhat humourous and may be worth sharing, for example, five weeks ago I broke my wrist playing basketball and instead of going to the doctor, I choose to "wait it out". I thought it was only a sprain that would surely go away. Five weeks later I sit in an orthopedic's office with a broken wrist watching the Doctor shake his head and surely laughing in his head about my stupidy. Then on top of things just yesterday I was driving down the freeway, staying between the lines with my one arm when out of nowhere a huge semi pulled quickly into my lane and I had to swerve over onto the soft shoulder of the freeway. My blood pressure sky rocketed and I was shaking no doubt. I pulled off the freeway where I stopped at the off ramp. I reached over to pick up my bag off of the floor and apparently I can't multitask very well (at least not in a car) and my foot slides off the break. I slowly roll into the car in front of me. How exciting, my first little slip in my new car. Luckily there wasn't damage and the woman in the other car took my number. So far I haven't heard from her and I am keeping my fingers crossed. See life can be funny. It is a good thing I have good people to surround me so I can laugh a lot! I'll try to make things more interesting in the future, but for today, I am just thankful that Art is so patient!! D@#*@% I keep hitting the windows button and it keeps opening the start menu. Stupid Cast. I guess that is enough for today.

No comments: