Thursday, March 12, 2009

Things I am not fond of!

10 Things I am not too fond of when it comes to pregnancy. These are in no particular order and please feel free to comment reassuringly, it gets better, kind of comments. But seriously!

1- Puking. I am pretty sure I understand what a bulimic goes through everday (No offense to those that are) but I have actually found that puking is getting easier-and I don't like that very much. My favorite is right before a dinner party with friends, having to run with vomit in my hands to the bathroom (Welcome to Dinner! Come Back Soon!)

2-Headaches. I am not sure if any of you have experienced this, but it sucks. That's all I have to say!

3- Sleeping on my side. I am really bad at that, especially the left side. So needless to say, I lose a lot of sleep at night because I just don't like it. I even have dreams that I wake up with dark circles under my eyes-Awesome!

4- I know that J-Lo has the most famous A%@ in the world, but really I could leave it. Please explain to me why, my butt is already growing (I thought the baby was on the other side of the body??).

5- Hair. I know I know this is supposed to be one of the benefits of pregnancy and vitamins, but I have enough hair on my head and it grows just fine to suit me, but what I am complaining about and this may be a little TMI is that I actually have a few hairs growing in my armpits. I never have hair in my armpits, and now I have to shave. Please say I don't turn into one of those women who shaves, but there is still a dark shadow so onlookers think that they haven't in weeks. This sucks! (sorry to those who have issues there-blame my offensiveness on the hormones)

6- What about my nice pants! I have these really nice work pants and jeans that I love wearing and now I can't even do them up. I bought them to fit in the first place, so it is no wonder that I can't wear them anymore, and these Belly bands are saving me, but really, couldn't I have worn them just a little longer!

7-Tired. I am still tired all of the time. I know I hear that it gets better in the second trimester, but so far no luck. I keep thinking to myself I wonder if I put my head down in my hands behind my computer monitor, will people still think that I am working-or should I put the "I am out" sign on the door, turn off the lights and crawl under the desk for a wee snooze. hmmm.

8- Smells. People who stink, Meat that always stinks, other foods that stinks, dog poop that stinks-all which leads to number one. I had to turn into the office B&%*$ and tell people they couldn't use my microwave anymore because their food stunk. They still (most of them) don't know I am pregnant, so they are still thinking I am just selfish. Really they are selfish for cooking fish without telling me until after I already had my puking spell in the community toilet.

9-Grumpy Bear!! I am, or at least I consider myself to be, a fairly happy person, who doesn't get grumpy very often, but boy I have had some moments as of late. I know people say it is the homones, but I think it is just that I am sick and tired all of the time. That has to add up. Sorry Art-Sure love you!

10- New visitors on my face. I have always taken great pride in the clarity of my skin, and now I have these visitors thinking they can join me and I will let them stay. WTF!!!! I hate it.

Hopfully I start to feel better soon, then maybe my attitude will get a little better and then I can write some things I love about being pregnant. Don't get me wrong I am completely stoked to be pregnant, I am just waiting for things to turn up. As for now: baby you are so getting time out when you get out of there!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

so you want encouragement that these things will get better...sorry not from me. truth...it gets much much worse. there are some women who love being pregnant, and some who hate it...i hate it. i love my babies and for some reason keep wanting to make them, but i hate pregnancy. just wait until the baby grows so big that you can't breath while sitting down. or maybe you'll be like me and have to vomit every time you ride in a vehicle. oh, and your feet will swell to three times their normal size and although this didn't happen to me supposedly it is very common to not fit back into your regular shoe size after your first pregnancy. true stuff. oh, and heartburn...it's horrible. just heartburn caused me to vomit too many times to count while i was pregnant. and then there's the more minor problems like people always touching your belly once it starts to balloon out. and people asking you only two weeks after giving birth how long until the next one. oh and all the old people at target calling your sweet baby boy decked out in all blue a cute little girl. come on people...get with the program. just a few things to look forward to. but truly, it is all totally worth it the moment you have that screaming baby in your arms. your heart will melt and you will never again think about the horrible pains you suffered to get him or her here with you...until you get pregnant again that is.

ToRi and cReW said...

I have two things to say.
First, congratulations! You are on an awesome journey. Your life will never be the same, but in a good way.
Second, Sorry! There are some things that will get better, but they just get replaced by other things that piss you off.
Are you peeing 25 times a day yet?
Enjoy sex while your body is still in form to have it--doesn't work when you have a huge tummy.
As for the bitchiness--its totally ok! You're not done with the hormones yet.
But it will all be worth it! You will be an excellent mommy!

tiffany said...

Best of luck my dear! It's so exciting! I was actually more sick in my second trimester! I promise promise that it's totally worth it! I can feel your pain though. It brought back a few memories for me :-) Love ya!

Phil and Tessa said...

I'm so excited for you!!!! There is nothing better than being a mom. I'm one of those crazy people that absolutely loved being pregnant. In fact, as I was reading that you are pregnant I became incredibly jealous. But, I had a really easy one so that's easy for me to say. I hope that you get feeling better soon. I'm so excited to see pictures of your adorable belly! You are going to be a great mom!

Blackham said...

I am sorry Meriann but I was laughing when I was reading that. It wasn't too long ago that I was there. Trust me it is all worth it!! Love ya girl. Hang in there.