Wednesday, April 14, 2010

First Words....

Grace has spoken her first word and guess what it was drumroll...........................................................Mom!!!
Yeah she just is so smart and knew what was good for her. She has been saying "ma" for a week now, and it would happen whenever I would sit her down, or hand her to someone and walk away, but I really thought maybe I was crazy (although Art was certain she said it the other day), this time however, in the hall here at school, I handed her to a parent who was just dying to hold her, she turned back to me, said "mom" and reached for me. They heard it too...I am just so proud of this little lady, not only does she say it, but she knows it is me. Oh how I love her so!!
She also went to sleep for the night with her dad last night. The first time someone other than me has put her to bed. I was playing basketball, but when I got home it took a lot for me not to wake her up to kiss her and say goodnight. Good for me though-I didn't! I did decide though that she looks like her dad when she first wakes up, something about her eyes.

1 comment:

Phil and Tessa said...

I know exactly what you mean, the first time Phil put Livi to bed I had to seriously restrain myself from waking her up when I go home.

I love the baby food maker! It looks pretty simple to use too. I tried making Livi's food the old fashioned way but I didn't do it for very long because it was so time consuming, but your way looks awesome. I'll have to try that next time!