Monday, April 26, 2010

Kung Fu Rooster and Sticky Dog Traps

I will never be able to give this story true Justice, but I will try. We went down this weekend and went to visit Noah McDonald's Farm (that is what we call my brother in law, because they having a mini petting zoo at their house-all animals in twos-well until one pig died, but oh not to worry they are in the process of replacing it as we speak). I wanted to show Grace the cows, goats, pigs, chickens, cats, turtle etc etc etc. Miah and Kolt have been talking about this Rooster that does Kung Fu. Apparently it is really mean and in Kolts words "It took me down and stood on my back, then it's eyes turned red and it wouldn't get off" I believe him fully. Kolt and Miah call it their "Worst Enemy". They hate this rooster because it knocks them down all of the time. So anyway I went down to see the animals and Mrs. Noah McDonald pointed out the "Worst Enemy" over on the side. (behind Elessa and Grace is this picture). Miles was very excited to gather the eggs, so we went into to coop to get the eggs. I was standing at the door when out of nowhere something attacked my legs. It pecked me hard, so I quickly took over. The Worst Enemy blocked the exit and Mrs. Noah McDonald, Miles, and aunt Pete were locked inside. So a swing of a fishing poke and a broomstick later, they were able to escape. Needless to say, The Worst Enemey poked his last victim that day. (Thanks Aunt Pete) Lucky it was me and not one of the kids, or it would have been right at eye level. You can see the poke marks on my legs. (okay okay so I need a little sun) They are bruised and bumped up now-stupid Rooster. Miles is still traumatized by the mean scary bird. Grace however, enjoyed her time with the cows and family on the farm.

Miles finally successfuly was able to get the eggs and he was so proud. (He may have clapped with them in his hands and cracked them, but who is counting)

Stella (our dauchsund that looks like a rat) found herself in a sticky mouse trap this weekend. All over her nose, and paws-butter-that is what works to get it out.

Overall we had a great time. Here is Grace telling the story of the Rooster to her Grandma.
Fun Times with Family: Relaxing and reading the menu, and then zonking out.

No comments: