Saturday, December 14, 2013

Kids to their own room.

 A process long coming, but for the past few days we have been adjusting both kids to sleep in their own room.  With all of the moves, Walker getting sick and just many other excuses we have had Grace in her own bed in our room and Walker in our bed.  It was time to get them to their own room.  I have to say that it was a three day process taught to me by my pediatrician.  It works, but is very very hard.  In addition on night number three, Walker came down with croup (again).
 Before the first night.



Playing with the music bear.  Good night little man. 

 He cried so hard, I wasn't sure I could do it.  He was snotting, tears streaming down his face, sweating, and biting the side of the crib.  At the 15 minute mark I went in and took him from this (barely see it) standing in the corner position and laid him down.

 It worked.  10 minutes later-round one success.

 He woke up around 8 times, and put himself back to sleep within five minutes, but spent most of the night playing and then sitting.







Night two.  Asleep within 10 minutes.  But then spent the rest of the night, sitting up, bobbing.  

 Grace also slept in her room this night. She said she was scared and needed me near her. I wasn't going to sleep in the room, I wanted her to learn independence and to not be afraid, so I spent the night just outside her door, on the tile floor.  She checked a couple of times to make sure I was still there, but she too made it the whole night.












 Night 3.  Again with the sitting. I don't know what to do. I tried to go in and lay him down, but he cries bloody murder.  





 Finally....
 And this precious one too.  She didn't need me outside the door. She did it on her own.  I am so very proud.

 For doing so great-Grace got a prize of bath paints.
 



 Night four...yes still sitting, silly little boy.  This time, though I  put him to sleep before putting him in.  With croup, I just couldn't let him cry.  Luckily it isn't as bad as usual and he is doing okay with it.

He finally fell asleep on his feet.  I tried to fix him, but he almost woke up.  



They are doing it though, and as hard as it has been-we'll make it!

No comments: