Monday, December 2, 2013

Walkers Surgery

We had a bit of a crazy week.  This cute little boy had a cyst that he had to have removed.  It was a very stressful week. 
 These two best buddies hung in there, even though I know they felt that their mom was super stressed.


 Monday we went down to meet with Walker's ENT to see if he needed ear tubes.  It was decided that he did, so they wanted to do it at the same time.  We  visited Aunt Rhea while we were down there.
 Walker has this new face that he does.  Super naughty.  He pulls his eyebrows in and scowls.
 At the hospital and ready to go.  I was extra anxious because he had been sick the week before.  I took him in on Monday because he had a cold and was starting to bark.  They gave him steroids for three days.  I know this is not good for anesthesia.  We talked with the anesthesiologist about our concerns so he agreed, only to do a mask which reduces the chances for issues.




Oh how I love this little man.  He did pretty good.  We had to be there at 6:15 AM.  Lori came to our house to stay with Grace so we could go and just focus on Walker. 




The surgery went pretty well.  The Dr came out quickly and I felt that he missed one of the issues.  I chased him down the hall to verify that he took care of everything, turns out, he did miss something and ended up going back to fix it.  The ENT came out shortly after to tell us all went well. I guess the other Dr got back just in time before they pulled him out of anesthesia or we would have had to reschedule.  Unfortunately, we were informed that Walker did stop breathing on them.  He changed color and after responding it took them more than 5 seconds to get him going again.  Apparently his trachea collapsed, sometimes related to croup, but sometimes it just happens.  Something I didn't need to know, but I do for the future.  My poor baby.  I am so blessed he is okay, and so very thankful. 


 This picture looks like he is good with me, but really he just wanted his daddy.

 There is the look, finally got it on camera.  He wasn't super happy and was hurting a little.
 What a trooper though.  Came home and went right to playing.

No comments: