Thursday, February 11, 2010

Houston is a Bust

Starting at the beginning: We fly out early Sunday morning to go to Houston for a conference. I had high hopes. I wanted to write this post on Friday prior to the Superbowl, so here it is:
Just Discussing the Game:
Wondering when it is going to be on:
Showing off our team flare-Go Colts:
But we weren't able to get online to post, when we got to the hotel they wanted $13 to connect for a day-crazy-not worth it just so I could post on my blog. So oh well. (probably why they lost) So Grace was able to go on her first flight and she was a little Angel. People just love her:
We arrived in Houston and went to walk around by the hotel and nothing was open, and no restaurants were close. We were surrounded by homeless people and ended up spending a near fortune for a small meal at the hotel bar-seriously! Grace did look so cute though in her new Princess shirt from Dad.
The only good part of Houston was Tessa. We were able to meet her and Livi for dinner at a great Mexican Restaurant called Chuy's. But of course with the style of our trip, her husband Phil was sick and couldn't come with us. I have to admit that the part of Houston we got to see with Tessa while driving, was actually quite nice. I wish we could have explored that a little more. We had to fly out a day early to get back to a funeral. We lost my cousin Ernesto. He was a husband and father of two little boys. He will be greatly missed. The services were lovely. We Dad spoke very well and the men all looked amazing dressed in Blue. So sad, but it was a wonderful service for him. We did get to see all of our family and that was the only happy part of the entire experience. Grace looked so pretty in her dress. And my sisters stayed for our basketball game. The girls beat Highland. Miles and I got to play together and he sat on the coaches bench for a minute. I sure love him! Thanks to my sisters and their husbands for their support (and of course Art who is there quite often!) Because of the crappy flight, I now have Vertigo and am dizzy all of the time. We got charged for local calls when we tried to order in Pizza, and the very worst part, is that the conference didn't even teach me anything new. I know I am complaining, but it was seriously one of the worst trips/weeks ever.

1 comment:

Phil and Tessa said...

It was great seeing you and meeting Art and Grace. You have such a sweet family. I hope you can come back soon and we'll make sure you have a better time! :-)