Thursday, February 18, 2010

I still can't believe it!

My Grandma Taylor is an amazing and strong woman. On Tuesday morning around 11:30 AM the johavas witness missionaries knocked on her door and when she stood up to answer the door, she ended up with a leg (her femur just below the hip) on the ground. She called out and told them to come in. When they came in, she told them that she had fallen and couldn't get up. So what did they do???? Well they gave her their little speech, put the phamplets on the table and left her there. Is that not crazy!!! How can any person see an elderly woman on the floor especially one that says "I have fallen and cannot get up" and leave her there. I just am in shock. It was 7 hours later that my aunt found her there.
She had surgery and is doing well now. She came out of surgery saying she had just a ball and a marvelous time (see what I say about her being tough). She also loved that all of her family came to the hospital, it was like a family reunion and she just loved seeing her kids. (Wow-I just love this lady). Anyways, we stayed down there.
Grace took a bath in the sink (yes it was cleaned and sanitized):











Smiled while getting dressed:



















And read with her mimi:















We looked at the picture that Maycee (Ashley's little girl) drew on the board. It is so creative and it cracks me up that the name on the doghouse is Nick (that is her dad).











Grace then slept at the motel-so precious.












and check out her wild hair. It is getting so long!

3 comments:

Trina said...

WTF??? Are you kidding me right now? I CANNOT believe they did that! Some people's children!
Grace is getting so big - she is too cute! I love the pajama's she's wearing... Jaiden has the exact same ones! :)

Phil and Tessa said...

JW's kill me. Your grandma is one tough cookie! I'm glad she is doing okay.

Blackham said...

So funny you have Macee's pictures on here. She was pretty excited to see them! Did Matt ever find the JW's?