Monday, July 6, 2009

Great 4th of July Weekend!

So our weekend was a lot of fun. It started out Friday with a Dr's Appointment, where I got to drink this: I know many of you have had the opportunity, and although I didn't think it tasted all that horrible (not good, but not horrible) It made me kind of sick to my stomach. I think I am in the clear though. Later that afternoon I drove around for over 30 minutes looking for a snow cone shack that was open. I can't find one! I ended up eating a slurpie from 7-11 which isn't nearly as good.
But Saturday was a lot of fun. We started out the day with the Magna Lions Club breakfast. Tori and I wore our puff paint t-shirts. We went to the parade that afternoon. It rained before it started and right as it finished, but it was also a lot of fun. Our friend Todd was in the Parade for his Class reunion, which made it fun!Tori finally caught the ice cream truck for the first time ever! She thought that was pretty cool!We then had a BBQ that night. Art smoked pulled pork and ribs in his smoker. It was soooo good. We played cornhole and rockband and then went to the fireworks, where we got fantastic seats at the club.

I spent sunday basking in the sun! Loving the weather. What a great weekend. I hope everyone had a fantastic 4th of July!

3 comments:

Phil and Tessa said...

I didn't think that drink was too bad either. I was preparing myself for it to be horrible so was pleasantly surprised. I'm glad you had fun!

tiffany said...

looks like you had a great time. I didn't really mind the drink too much. Mine was SUPER orange flavored. i'm glad you are doing well! you look darling! Hooray for puff paint! what a fun mom you are!

Lonni said...

Thanks so much for inviting us to the parade, we had so much fun! we are sold for next year.