Tuesday, July 7, 2009

What have I become?

So I was out jogging a little yesterday and I started thinking (or maybe I realized). Originally when I was pregnant and jogging and people would be looking at me I thought to myself they are just saying "you go girl" and that is why they were looking, then I realized I probably looked a little silly with my belly poking out there, and that I wasn't getting any impressed looks, it was more, WTF looks, so that probably wasn't the case. Then I realized that maybe they were looking at me not because of my belly, but because of the fact that people walking were passing me by. Yeah maybe that it is it. Then I realized that maybe it is a combination, my big 'ole belly, my very slow movements, and probably the fact that I wear outfits like this:
When I got home yesterday and Made Art take a picture, he couldn't figure out why, but really??? I look silly. When did I become the person that would wear things like this? (okay so maybe none of my old tank tops fit anymore, and it was too warm for a t-shirt but really am I that desperate?) Who am I kidding I will probably be wearing something very similar next time. I guess it just comes with territory, I think I can get away with it just because I am pregnant.
Maybe people were staring because I may have (and this is not an admission, just a maybe this could have happened) I had to pee so bad I was walking into the house with my legs crossed-who knows! Cheers to sexy clothes!

6 comments:

Phil and Tessa said...

I think you look fabulous and I see nothing wrong with what you're wearing! If I saw you running I would probably be staring, but I would fall into the category of those that are saying, "you go girl!" I am utterly shocked (in a good way) that you are still attempting to run. Good for you! You will be SO glad you did!

ToRi and cReW said...

Muff- You can wear whatever you want! There will come a time that you will feel like the only thing that fits is the shower curtain. The fashion police can not go after pregnant women--its a rule! I wore some HIDEOUS stuff when prego!

MeriAnn said...

Sweet-I will continue to do so! Thanks for the support ladies!

Lindsay said...

my worst point when pregnant...wearing Brandon's clothes. His shirts fit better and even his pants fit great. now that was way wrong, but I sure was comfortable!

Unknown said...

You go girl! I get all kind of stares and I don't run. I used to get people looking at my bosom, but now the stares of awe are directly at my belly. What a difference!

Blackham said...

Ya the things you wear when your pregnant. I don't think what you had on was THAT bad!!! You could wear anything and you would look good. You have the cutest little pregnant belly. I was that big at 4 months. Have you started wearing Art's underwear yet!! I'm telling you they are so much more comfortable. I wore Nick's underwear the whole last month. The things you do for just a little comfort.