Saturday, August 17, 2013

Donations for the Rockport Fire

Hard to see, but there is a pretty big fire going on in our neck of the woods.  13 homes have been burned.  So we wanted to help so we took some of our old clothes and toys to give to the victims.  I was super sick, so the drive was quite a feat, but we made it. (I had promised some other people in Heber I would drive so they brought items to our house too-so I had to go) 

Grace was so helpful.  Who doesn't take donations in a ballerina tutu and dance shoes?


 She also decided to give Dora (who she doesn't play with anymore) to another kid.
 It ended up being really hard when we left.  It made me sad, but she leaned a great lesson and now is super proud of herself.
It helped her to understand and for it to be reinforced the good we did when she was able to pick out our boxes on the TV about the help our items were providing to those in need and then she felt proud.

No comments: