Thursday, August 8, 2013

Family Reunion and Time in Wayne

We went to Wayne County for my Grandma's birthday and family reunion. We spent some time at her house .  Grace loved playing with Lily!


 Walk enjoyed his time with Papa Dark.
 And his cousins.




 The reunion was a lot of fun.  There were a lot of games to play.


 Grace has quite an arm.




 And we played baseball.  Grace naturally picked up the bat left handed.

 So when we let her do it that way, she actually hit the ball. I was so proud!

Cute little Grandma didn't want to miss a thing. 

 The boys played again.



 We had some water games.

 Love both of these ladies!

 Grandma was so cute. She was worried Fin was cold so she put her towel up.

Get it Fin!

 All the kids got to pick prizes.






 We played Softball later that evening.
 Grace went with Papa dark to change sprinklers even over dinner with her cousins.




 So pretty!
 We were supposed to go home on Sunday, but found that Grandma Taylor had a leak at her house.  I found it when I went down to help the kids get toys and the carpet was wet.  She had a line to her sink blow and though that was it, but we found the windows have been leaking for years and she had a big mold problem.  I was nursing Walker and had this feeling that my mom said, "You don't leave that house until you take care of my mommy"  So instead I stayed.  I made some calls and even though Aunt Rhea had rode with me she found another way home.  Lily, and I got to work taking out the carpet.  Grandma wanted to air it out and I had to put my foot down.  Elessa came a little later and helped out too. We did the best we could to "bandaid" the situation per our directions.  We wanted to tear down the wall, but we were told no by the homeowner (not my grandma but uncle tom) so we removed what we could, did kilz, and new plaster and paint.  We added cement to the floor, and caulked the window.  We did baseboards and I think it turned out okay, but it was a lot of work. I am so thankful for these ladies that helped.  We had many others stop by and give their two cents, but noboby helped.  Matt came for a minute the last day to help finish.  Grandma at least won't be breathing it this winter as it was in her furnace room, and we have someone coming for the windows, but I sure wish we could have done more.

 While we worked on the room, the kids took a ride with Papa.  Grace told me "It was the best part of her day".




 Grace also went with her cousins to a couple of days of swimming lessons.

And Walker didn't want to poop (travel, diet change etc).  I am starting to introduce new foods) , but when he finally did, I put him on the potty. Big boy!


 We saw Grandma and Grandpa Treat.
 And this lady is just so amazing.  If she wasn't helping, she was tending the babies.
 Walker and Matt.



 We celebrated Amber's birthday in her new sweet house. (well addition)

 It is so pretty.
 Grace and Miles doing some dancing.


 Their version of the "dip"



 Swimming lessons.

 She even went down the slide, brave girl!


 The kids helped in the basement and here is our final product.

 Grandma was so happy she cried. She said, "You just take such good care of me" but I really wish we could have done more.

 We were ready to head out, and the rain started falling, and the hail and then finally it stopped so we could go home.

No comments: